I booked a suite in yangphel guest house which includes one King Size bed (6X6) with comfortable mattresses. The room has a great view, neat & clean. We took the room with Mountain view and I must say when you wake up in the morning and look outside the window it feels like a heavenly place, the pictures are exactly what you see at the place no difference whatsoever. Mr. Yayaati and Mrs. Deepika is a great host, very friendly taking care for every individual need. I strongly recommend staying in yangphel guest house. Anyone who stays would love Yayaati’s stories and Deepika’s warm hospitality.
I along with my family stayed at Yangphel Guest House in the mid of October 2018, and it was a great experience. The place is good and is located close to Leh Market which is about 10 mins. We stayed for 4 nights there. Our Sitting area is a small glass balcony with overlooks the Tsemo Gompa on one side and Stok Range of Himalayas on the other. The room has big Wardrobes to accommodate and arrange our stuff.
Our bedside table also incorporates a drawer, touch lamps on either and electronic sockets for charging of mobile laptop, and other electronic items. In the room we also found an HD LED television with USB connectivity.
- Clean toilet
- Soap and tissue roll
- Clean towel
- Rooms are cleaned and well maintained. But daily cleaner is not available due to the lack of manpower in October. So housekeeping is not up to the mark.
- Well cleaned bed sheet and pillow.
- They provided 1 (1/2 lt) mineral water as complementary.
- Cost per night – Around INR 1400 (offseason).Including breakfast.
- Hotel staff (Hari) is good and helpful.
Few things which we require but not found in the room are
- Intercom is not available. Every time we require something we have to go downstairs in the chilled night of October.
- The food we found the moderate taste and costly.
- Tea/Coffee maker is not available in the room
- Wifi available. Service is poor. You will get connectivity only in reception area.
- Hot water is not available in the bathroom.
Shanti Stupa is 1.6 km from Yangphel Guest House, while Leh Palace is 2 km. The nearest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochhe Airport, 5 km from Yangphel Guest House. The Leh Bus Station is 2 km.
One child under 6 years stays free of charge when using existing beds. All further older children or adults are charged INR 400 per night for extra beds. There’s a nice little message on one of the walls of the guest house, which emphasizes the place’s effort to keep this more like a family house than a hotel.
For online booking click